This rare and exquisite planter is from Castelnaudary, in the South of France.
They were used for planting orange trees and traditionally designed with four handles, to enable lifting into the orangery for winter months.
The emerald green glaze is typical of pottery from Castelnaudary.
French, circa 1880
Material: Hand-Crafted Earthenware, Glazed
Dimensions: H: 52cm / W: 50cm (bowl) / 63cm (handles)